Everything you need to know to create effective video content like a pro!
These days, small and medium businesses are forced to cope with many challenges and wear multiple hats, often simultaneously. 66% of SMB owners find themselves being personally responsible for a minimum of three areas of their business. These can include operations, finance, sales, marketing, human resources, customer service, product development, and/or IT. The result: a severe drain on the business’ available knowledge, time and resources, which can lead to the contemplation of partial or (gasp!) complete neglect of the tremendous asset that is digital marketing in 2019 by as many as 29% of modern marketers.
But, when push comes to shove, any business seeking to succeed must find a way to overcome these challenges and focus their resources on marketing, with social media marketing taking a front seat, especially for SMBs. Today, that means shifting away from the once-a-week social post to creating enough relevant content for at least three weekly posts on the social networks your customers know and love – and ensure they’re designed to drive sales, retain customers, promote engagement, and continuously raise brand awareness: your brand’s key marketing goals.
Not sure where to start? Not to worry. We designed Chant to be a ‘growth engine’ in your back pocket – a one of a kind, A.I. driven, and powerful tool for social marketing videos. And today, we’re going to explain how you can best use our video templates, titles and effects to create compelling content your social followers won’t be able to help but engage with.
What’s your main marketing goal for 2019?
According to Statista, driving sales is likely at the top of your list. But, we believe that other marketing goals, such as engagement and retention are equally, or even more important. This is because it costs five times as much to acquire a new customer than it does to keep an existing one happy and returning for more. Luckily, you can achieve all of the above (and more) marketing goals, by creating effective social media marketing content, especially videos.
In recent years, video has become a preferred medium for effectively transmitting marketing content to a brand’s target audience, and is now a primary marketing tool. Depending on the type of video you create, you can spend a little or a lot on creating and publishing your video content, and earn a great ROI on each video you post. You can adjust your video marketing budget and select certain digital channels, to maximize your video’s effects, without going over budget. And, if you optimize your video with SEO titles and descriptions, Google’s web crawlers are likely to favor your brand and you will gain greater exposure on the SERPs. Other benefits of video content include:
- Higher chances of social shares
- Creation of powerful conversation starters
- Humanization of the brand
- Promotion of conversions and sales
Therefore, it is clear that video is an ideal marketing tool that should be adopted immediately. Don’t wait for others to set this trend! Read this blog post for more information.
So, who should be using Chant?
If you’re a business owner who wants to grow your brand through effective and professional marketing, our app is exactly what you need. A quick and easy solution that will creatively bring in the results you seek, after providing you with the guidance you need to succeed – maximum value at minimum cost.
What added value will Chant give you?
Chant was created and is run by a team of marketing and content professionals. We build templates that you can personalize to meet your video marketing needs, and enable you to create full and actionable social, website and other marketing campaigns. You can select from a wide variety of templates for any occasion and purpose – from creating awareness and fostering engagement among your followers, to generating new leads and presenting them with sales-driving video content.
Now that that’s all said and done… let’s get started!
Creating your video content using Chant templates in 3 easy steps:
Step 1 – Choose your desired template
Our app is embedded with three main tools to help you find the exact template you need for the video content you seek to create:
- Weekly Recommendations – Open the app and immediately navigate through our weekly recommendations, regularly updated to include relevant national days, holidays and other eye-catching templates that inspire creativity.
- Open Search – If you know which type of video you want to create, utilize the Open Search tool, located in the app’s Gallery. Simply type in your desired search word and select from a myriad of options.
- Filter – Our app is embedded with four filters designed to help you reach the most relevant search results possible. You don’t need to use all four filters at once; choose one or two filters to expand your search results or obtain new sources of inspiration.
Note: we add tons of new templates to the app each week. Narrow your search results even further by sorting them according to “New” or “Most popular” results.
Step 2 – Customize your selection
Once you’ve settled on a particular template, it’s time to make it your own and customize it with your own content, titles, and effects. Be sure to read the template’s description to learn when and how it can/should be used – and what measures you’ll need to take to tailor it to your needs.
Note that some of the templates require very little, if any, customization, especially those designed for engagement and retention purposes. You can (and should) regularly check your template’s “timeline” to see our prime recommendations, what you’ve changed, and what else you can modify:
- Color – To modify your video’s color effects, head to:
Settings> Change Business Details > Brand
You can set a color scheme for a particular video, or define your brand’s color scheme for all videos, present and future here:
Home Screen> Settings Icon> Your Business Details > Brand
- Logo – Upload a high-quality version of your brand’s logo and select its position in your video content – left or right. It will then automatically appear in all your future videos. Here’s how:
Settings> Change Business Details > Logo.
- Frame order – To change the order of your frames, tap on the frame you wish to move and drag it to the desired location.
- Brand details – Insert your brand’s name, website, phone number and other business details, and watch as they automatically appear in the precisely correct location in each of your videos. This will save you time and effort otherwise spent manually plugging these details into every single template. Here’s how to do it:
Settings> Change Business Details >Contact
- Style – You can customize the effects that can be set to automatically appear in your video. Search through 16 exciting effects to find the one(s) that meet your selected “style.” We recommend using the template’s default style, as it has already been adapted to specifically match that video-type’s messages and, well, style.
- Music – Choose from a database of hundreds of soundtracks and integrate the music that will take your video to the next level via an A.I. mechanism that will modify your selection to the length and rhythm of your video. Or, you can upload your own beats and let the app fit it to your video.
- Text – Add or change the text that will appear in your video, as well as the color and size of its font. To do so, upload the frame of your choosing (or create a new text frame by clicking on “X”). Next, click on the “T” to change the text. To change the font size, color or location, select the “Automatic Text” option and make your desired modifications.
- Images/videos – You can change the image or video that appears in your content, or add a new frame. You will find that most templates come with a sample image that you will have to replace with an image or video of your product. Import your image from your device’s library, Google Photos, or (coming soon!) from iStock.
- Format – Choose from three format options: square, landscape, or portrait. Most templates are set to a default square format, as it is the recommended format for Facebook and Instagram News Feeds. That being said, you can always alter the orientation to best suit your marketing needs. Here’s how: Settings > Movie Orientation
Once you’ve finished customizing your video, you can watch it by tapping on the “Preview” button. Upon doing so, our A.I. system will show you the updated version of your video, complete with the effects, music, texts, and images you’ve selected. The preview will be in low quality, but once you’ve made any necessary edits and approved the video, it will be saved in HD quality. Now, you can either head back to the template gallery and create another video for your brand or go on to Step 3, sharing the video.
Step 3 – Communicate with your followers (sharing the video)
Now that you’ve saved your video, it’s time to share it! Through our app, we give you seven options for sharing video content – the bedrock of communicating with your followers and receiving feedback on your offering and marketing campaigns:
- Facebook: You can share your video on your personal page, as a link that leads to a page where the video will be played, or on your business page, natively, on its own, or accompanied by text.
- Instagram – Share your video in your Feed (we recommend in square format), or as a Story (we recommend in portrait format).
- WhatsApp – Share a link that, when clicked on, transports your customers to a video viewing page.
- Email – Before attaching a link to your video in a marketing email, we recommend test sending the email to yourself, to ensure it works as it should.
- Standalone link – Tap on the link icon in the Chant app to copy the video link and paste it into an email, text message, or any other digital asset you desire.
- Download – To save the video on your device, or share it as part of another marketing plan, simply click on the app’s Download button. Your video will quickly be downloaded to your device in HD quality, and you’ll be able to access it from your device’s image gallery.
- Via other apps on your device – Click on the dedicated icon and watch as the apps already on your mobile device are presented to you so that you can select which ones you’d like to share your content with.
Ready to create effective videos with Chant?
As described above, video is an important part of your complete, successful marketing campaign. And, now that you know the ins and outs of our app, you can get started creating video content like a pro. Remember, our team of dedicated professionals is here to help you, should you still feel the need.
For more information, visit chantvideo.com